A Story – Heritage of Words – Grade 12 – Some Important Questions
4 months ago
Characters in the Story
- Uncle (Mr.Thomas)
- Aunt (Ms. Thomas)
- The Boy
- Uncle’s Friend (Young and Innocent)
Characteristics of Mr. Thomas
- Big, fat, loud and noisy
- Fond of going outing with friends
- Likes drinking (alcohol)
- Has red hair
- Eats a lot
- Drops food on his clothes
- He has a shop.
- Has a small wife who hates drinking
Characteristics of Ms. Thomas
- Small and quite like a mouse and a cat
- Good housewife
- Spends a lot of time cleaning
- Doesn’t like her husband going outing
- Wants her husband to love her
- She hits her husband on the head with a China dog when he lifts her on the chair.
- Goes to her mother’s house when Thomas (her husband) goes outing
- Ms. Thomas doesn’t seem to be sociable.
- Doesn’t seem to have a good relationship
Description of The Outing
- Sunday morning
- Destination is Porthcawl.
- In spite of wife’s threatening, he goes on outing.
- The nephew/boy was also taken to the outing.
- They went by bus (Charabanc)
- O’Jones was left behind and was helped.
- Outside a small pub/bar, all except the nephew rushed into the pub.
- Started drinking and nothing was left to drink.
- If the pub was closed, the back door was used to go in/out.
- Singing, drinking and enjoying
- Stopped to the bus and went into the cool water on the way
- Every members were wet and drunk.
- O’Jones cooked the supper.
- The remaining cases of beer carried down
- Getting late
- The nephew slept against uncle’s coat.
- They couldn’t reach to Porthcawl.
- They didn’t get/return home before midnight.