Women’s Business – Heritage of Words – Grade 12 Keypoints of the Essay
4 months ago
Women’s Business – Ilene Kantrov
Heritage of Words – Grade 12
Keypoints of the Essay
- An essay about some women from United States of America successful in business
- Business with advice made them successful.
- The essay is about entrepreneurship (उद्यमी) and social work.
- The essay tried to uplift women’s position in society.
- Lydia E. Pinkham was a model (pioneer) businesswoman.
- She had collected folk remedies and herbal medicines.
- Few businesswoman were able to combine marketing efforts with economic and social change, but some woman to profit.
- Lydia, Helena, Elizabeth, Margaret, Jennie, Gertrude and Annie.
- Lydia invented a medicine called Lydia E. Pinkham’s Vegetable Compound.
- Lydia did social work, supported women’s rights and economic progress.
- She motivated women to consult doctors, advised on diet, exercise, health and her medicine.
- She printed the report to help women to correct physical problems, nervousness, infertility, hysteria, and marital conflict.
- Her activities were followed by other businesswoman.
- Helena and Elizabeth competed each other.
- Margaret made and sold healthy food.
- Grossinger (Jennie) ran a successful hotel.
- Muller invented a lot of child-care products.
- Annie Turnbo-Malone – a black woman sold a chemical to make hair look nice.
- Annie and Helena contributed to society.
- They gave priority to making money later, due to which they got controlled by government for misleading advertisements.
- Helena was forced by the FOA to withdraw some claims.