Model Question 2067
Subject: Computer Science | F.M.: 75 | P.M.: 27 | Time: 3hrs
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Group A (Long Answer Questions)
Attempt all questions. [3×10=30]
- Draw a well-labeled diagram of typical architecture of a Computer system and explain the main function of Control Unit and ALU. [4+3+3]
2. a. What is an operating system? Explain any three functions of an operating system. [1+6]
b. The ‘WiMP’ environment is much more user-friendly, why? 
a. What is cell addressing and explain different types of cell addressing used in spreadsheet. 
b. Write a tag to design your personal web page to link photo family, background and banner page using frame. 
3. a. Define flow-chart and pseudo-code. Explain their significance in programming. 
b. Write a pseudo-code to accept any three numbers and output the largest among them. 
4. What do you mean by generation of Computer? Explain the technology used in different generation of Computers. 
Attempt any Nine questions. [9×5=45]
- Classify the Computers according to their generation based on the technology used. 
- Difference between analogue and digital Computer, explain with examples. 
- What do you mean by number system? Why do digital Computers use binary numbers for their operation?
- Convert these numbers.
- State the Demogran’s theorem and verify it. 
- What are logic gates” Construct the truth table of NOR operation. 
- Write short notes on (any two): 
- IDE b. SCSI c. Wave Camera
- What are uses of Internet? Write any five search engine name. 
- Differentiate between System Software and Application Software with examples. 
- What are DTP features in MS-Word? Write three features of Presentation Packages. [2+3]
- Write an algorithm and flow chart to print the word “Hello” ten times using “while loop”. 
- Describe the fourth generation of Computer. 
- Difference between second and third generation Computer.