Model Question paper (theory) Science Grade VIII
Group “A” Physics
- (a) What is measurement ? Write the difference between fundamental unit and derived unit .
(b) Convert as indicated :
(i) 40cm into mm (ii) 5 days into second
- What is uniform motion ? What types of motion is the motion of an apple falling from the tree ? Why ?
- What do you mean by the efficiency of a simple machine is 70% .
- Rest and motion are relative term , why ?
- Prove : p = hdg .
- What is work done ? Write its formula and unit .
- What is power . A man of 50 kg mass carrying a bag of 20 kg climbs up the Swayambhu temple . If he climbs 100 steps in 12 min . Calculate the power of the man. The height of each step is 20 cm .
- Write any two difference between Heat and Temperature .
- A pencil partially dipped in water appear to be bent , why ?
- Complete the given ray diagram and write the nature of image .
Group “B” Chemistry
- An atom is electrically charge less , why ?
- Write the electronic configuration of sulphur and draw its atomic structure .
- Write the difference between 2Cl & CL2 .
- What is the source of Lactic , citric , chronic acid ?
- Draw a labelled figure of distillation .
- What is rusting ? What is the composition of air by volume ?
Group “C” Biology
- What is timber plant ? Give two example of timber plant found in Alpine region ?
- Write the difference between self and cross pollination .
- What is flower ? Write the phylum of each based on the given characters .
(i) Body with numerous pores , Aquatic in habitat .
(ii) Soft body , presence of tentacles in head .
(iii) Completely marine , body covered with spiny scales .
- Write one function of each of :
(a) Chloroplast (b) vacuole
(c) Cell wall (d) Centrosome
- Write the name of each of useful and harmful amoeba .
- Pulmonary vein is not taken as artery although it carries oxygenated blood , why ?
- What is reproduction ? What type of reproduction found in the following ?
(i) Amoeba (ii) Yeast
(iii) Hydra (iv) Bryophyllum
Group “D” Astronomy and Geology
- What is rock ? Give an example of plutonic rock .
- What type of rock are sand stone , quartzite , limestone and marble ?
- What is atmosphere ? Write the use of ozone .
- What are the different steps to control air pollution .
Some useful links : Simple Machine Important questions | Grade VIII , Compulsory English Grade XI | Question Paper 2072