What is HTML? Explain the advantages and disadvantages of HTML.
HTML is a language used to create, design and format the hypertext documents (webpages). It stands for hypertext markup language. Hypertext is the text which allows to create link with other text or object. A hypertext document contains hypertext objects. HTML is used to design whole document or different objects of a webpage. It was developed by Tim Berner Lee in 1990 A.D. The standard version of HTML was defined by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). There are different versions of HTML.
Example: HTML 2.0, HTML 3.0, HTML 4.0, HTML 5.0, etc.
Advantages of HTML:
- It is not case-sensitive.
- It is very easy to learn and use.
- It runs in different platforms and different browsers.
- It can be written in any text editor such as Notepad. Text Pad, Notepad++, etc.
Disdvantages of HTML:
- It is not compatible with all the browsers.
- It supports different scripting languages so it is difficult to manage the contents.
This question is very important for 5 marks in the Grade 11 Final Examination of Computer Science.