Important questions for Heat | Grade VIII
- Define heat . What is its unit?
- Define one calorie heat .
- What is temperature . Write its SI unit .
- Define thermometer and calorie meter .
- Define thermometric liquid .
- On what principle is thermometer based ?
- Define calibration of the thermometer .
- Define Lower and Upper Fixed Point .
- What are different temperature scales ?
- Write the lower and upper fixed point of centigrade , Fahrenheit and Kelvin scale .
- Write the relation between centigrade , Fahrenheit and Kelvin scale .
- Name the different types of thermometer .
- Define clinical and laboratory thermometer .
- Define minimum and maximum thermometer .
- What is the role of an index in a minimum maximum thermometer ?
- Write the types of thermometer on the basis of thermometric liquid .
- What are the advantages of using mercury thermometer instead of alcohol thermometer ?
- What are the advantages of using alcohol thermometer instead of mercury thermometer ?
- Write the importance of thermometer .
- What is the normal body temperature ?
- Mercury thermometer is not used to measure the very low temperature , why ?
Some useful links : Pressure Important questions | Grade VIII , Motion Important questions | Grade VIII , Important Biology Questions CBSE HSEB