Primary Memory Secondary Memory
1. Primary memory may also be called as main 1. Secondary memory is also
memory or internal memory. refereed as auxiliary memory.
2. It is volatile in nature and CPU has direct 2. It is non-volatile in nature and
access to the data/information in it. it’s content cannot be accessed directly.
3. It is of limited capacity and is also temporary 3. Unlike primary memory it has
in nature. huge storage capacity.
4. Primary memory stores the result temporarily. 4. It stores the data permanently.
5. Primary memory is of two types i.e RAM 5. It is also of two types i.e magnetic
and ROM and optical memory
Also Read: Operating System Note Grade XI