Introduction to Biology
- Bio-chemically important organic and inorganic molecules (general concepts): Carbohydrate protein, lipid, nucleic acid, minerals and water.
Model Question paper (theory) Biology Grade XI
Section A (Botany)
1.Answer any seven questions in very short. [1*7=7]
- Differentiate prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells on the basis of nucleus
- Write the functions of chloroplast ?
- What are the components of a nucleotide ?
- Why are cyanobacteria called a blue green algae?
- Why are ferns called vascular cryptogams ?
- Write the difference between disc and ray floret ?
- Name the primary consumers of pond system ?
- Define green house effect?
- Lichen is an example of symbiosis , how ?
- Define plant succession ?
2. Answer any five questions in brief.
- In what ways DNA differ from RNA ?
- Give the shortcomings of two kingdoms system of classification.
- Illustrate vegetative structure of spirogyra with neat and labelled diagram ( no description required)
- Write economic importance of fungi ?
- By means of stamen charcter only, how will you differentiate the various families which are included in your syllabus ?
- Energy flow in an ecosystem is always unidirectional . Explain ?
- How does the carbon cycle exist in the nature ?
Qn.3 Describe The prophase I of meiosis cell Division. Distinguish it from prophase of mitosis.
Qno.4 Give the Distinguishing Character of Solanaeceae with its floral diagram, Mention botanical names of three economically important plants of this family.
Define alternation of generation discuss it with reference to the life cycle of Marchantia.
Answer any seven questions in very short .
- Define the terms: parasitology, palentology ?
- How is zoology related with chemistry?
- What is organic evolution ?
- Define an analogous organs ?
- Differentiate oxidizing atmosphere and reducing atmosphere ?
- Write zoological names of (i)wall lizard (ii)Liver fluke
- Mentions the functions of contractile vacuoles in parameciumm.
- Define conservation.
- Name two examples of migratory birds.
- What is DDT banned.?
Qno.2 Answer any five Questions in brief:
- “Archeopteryx” is a connecting link between reptiles and birds ? justify
- Give an account of gamogony life cycle of plasmodium vivax .
- Classify pila.
- How is a cocon formed in earthworm ?
- Draw labeled diagram of internal structures of frog’s heart
- Describe the volant adaptational features of birds.
- Enlist the important measures to protect endangered species .
Draw the neat and labelled diagram of male reproductive system of pheretima.
Write describe the alimentary canal of rana tigrina.
Write an essay on the theory of natural selection.