Saturated vapour pressure of a liquid has following properties.
- The Saturated vapour pressure depends on nature of the substance.
- The vapour pressure of a liquid depends on its temperature. The saturated vapour pressure increases with rise in temperature and decreases with fall in temperature.
- The vapour pressure is always greater than unsaturated vapour pressure.
- It doesnot depend on the volume occoupied by the vapours.
- It is dependent of the pressure of vapours of other liquids present. The vapour should not have any chemical reaction.
- The total pressure exerted by the vapours of all substances is equal to the sum of the pressure exerted by the vapour of individual substances I.e P=p1+p2+p3
- The vapour doesnt obey the gas law where as unsaturated vapour obey the gas laws.