Microsoft Word is the most popular and powerful word processing software developed by Microsoft Corporation, U.S.A. It provides almost features of Word Processor. It is very easy-to-use. It provides different important services such as mail merge, document collaboration, spelling and grammar check, auto-correct, thesaurus, etc. It stores the document in a file with extension .doc or .docx. There are different versions of Microsoft Word. They are MS-Word 2000, MS-Word 2003, MS-Word 2007, MS-Word 2010, etc.
Features of MS-Word:
- It allows to create, edit and format the documents.
- It allows to format text, paragraph, table, page, etc.
- It supports graphical components such as pictures, colors, animation, charts, etc.
- It allows to automate the tasks using Macros.
- It allows to print and store the data in different format.
- It can be suitable to design any kind of textual documents such as letters, cards, e-mail, etc.
- It checks for grammar and spelling mistakes automatically.
- It allows to create and design tables.
- It allows to work and share in network with document collaboration.
Microsoft Excel is the most popular and powerful spreadsheet software developed by Microsoft Corporation, U.S.A. It provides many features of spreadsheet software. It allows to format a part or whole document using different formatting tools. It provides different mathematical, financial, statistical, engineering, string, etc. functions for automatic calculations. It provides 15 types of charts to display data graphically. It provides 3 worksheets by default and allows to add or remove worksheets. It provides different powerful services such as goal seek, scenario, conditional formatting, data validation, etc. There are different versions of MS-Excel. They are MS-Excel 2000, MS-Excel 2003, MS-Excel 2007, MS-Excel 2010, etc.
Features of MS-Excel:
- It allows to create, format, edit and store the documents.
- It allows to use different graphical components such as shapes, images, video clips, etc.
- It allows to search, filter and sort the data.
- It allows to use different formula and functions for automatic calculations.
- It allows to design and print any part or whole document.
- It provides different kinds of charts such as bar-chart, pie-chart, etc.
- It allows to enter data in a cell, managed by rows and columns.
- It allows to share document between different worksheets.
- It includes different objects from external files or other programs.
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most popular and powerful presentation software developed by Microsoft Corporation, U.S.A. It provides many features of presentation software to create and design attractive presentation documents. It allows to include objects from other applications such as MS-Word, MS-Paint, etc. It provides different design templates and animation schemes for a component or whole document of presentation. It allows to create custom animation and motion path for user-defined animation. It provides many formatting tools for different components of presentation documents. It also allows to use different symbols and styles of the slide. There are different versions of MS-PowerPoint. Example:- MS-PowerPoint 2003, MS-PowerPoint 2007, MS-PowerPoint 2010, etc.
Features of MS-PowerPoint:
- It allows to create, edit and format the components of presentation.
- It supports text and graphical components such as image, shapes, animations, audio/video clips, etc.
- It provides different design templates and animation schemes for a component or whole document.
- It provides different formatting tools for a text, paragraph or page.
- It allows to create custom animations for different components of document.
- It allows to print the documents in different format.
- It allows to link different components or external document in the presentation slide.
Important Questions from Application Package
- What is word processor? Explain the features of word processor. (Find answer here: https://meropaper.com/define-word-processor-and-write-its-features-grade-11/)
- What is MS-Word? Explain mail merge and formatting features of MS-Word. (Find answer above!)
- What is formatting? Explain text formatting and document formatting in detail.
- What is spreadsheet software? Explain the features of spreadsheet software. (Find answer here: https://meropaper.com/define-spreadsheet-software-and-write-its-features-grade-11/)
- Explain cell, cell reference and cell range in detail. (Find answer here: https://meropaper.com/components-of-spreadsheet-grade-11/)
- What is presentation software? Explain its features. (Find answer here: https://meropaper.com/define-presentation-software-write-features-grade-11/)
- What is presentation? Explain the importance of presentation. (Find the tips for answer here: https://meropaper.com/define-presentation-software-write-features-grade-11/)